This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compiler problems

I am trying to setup my wireless lan with wpa and am running into the following problem: let's say i want to install the knetworkmanager but i don't have access to internet and therefore cannot use adept to find the program ( or is it meant to find it on the drive? it doesn't show up anything when i do a search for it in adept...) so i downloaded it from another computer and transfered it with USB. Now the problem is that when I try to install it by first ./configure as per instructions, it tells me something like "no suitable compiler found in $PATH" at the end of the config list. GCC is supposedly installed (in adept it checks out) but how am i supposed to install anything now without access to internet?

Re: compiler problems

Hi,

You should be able to install it by the alternate cd. When you will have downloaded it, add it to your repos by apt-setup

then install build-essential, you should be able then to compile everything what you want...

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the help, but I don't think I understand you completely. Also bear in mind that I am a complete n00b at this. I have the alternate cd in the drive, you say i should type "apt-setup" in the konsole? it just bashes me back with a command not found...

What I did try to do to follow up on this is go to adept>>manage repositories and then add the URL of the CDROM drive there, now it gives me some error on starting adept and it won't open no more. Remember, I don't even have net by hard connection cable (ethernet) for some reason. <<ok i managed to fix the adept problem but the first paragraph still bugs me
      . If instead of apt-setup i type install build-essential it tells me some missing destination file operand after 'build-essential'...

Comment

Hi,

Mistaken in the command, the good one, should be "sudo apt-cdrom add".
        Then you should be able to apt-get update
        And finally apt-get install build-essential

anyway, if you installed from the alternate cd, it should work with the cd inside, if not you need to do what I wrote over this.

If you have some troubles to apt-get update, you should comment all repos which are located on the net, I guess you should be able to do this easily in adept or with kdesu kate /etc/apt/sources.list (add a # in front of each line starting by deb http:// or deb-src http://

Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
        X