This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kppp died

got messege pppd(5097)the remote system is required to authenticate itself pppd(5097) but i couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so pppd(5097 none of the available passwords would let it use an ip address alan

Re: kppp died

So are you saying that the password you cannot remember is the password to connect to your ISP?

It seems very strange if you can remember DNS Server numbers etc., but you can't remember the password.

Contact your ISP, by email or 'phone etc, and ask if they can send your password.

Failing this sign up with a new ISP, if there are free ones available - and keep a copy of your details.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

in kppp there is a box marked save password.i have it checked.i've never had to mess with it before.i've used mepis ,linspire freespire worked fine.ubuntu kubuntu mepis 6.0 i've had trouble with kppp alan

Comment

If you know the password try retyping it. It could be wrong. Make sure you type in the correct case.
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

tryed retypeing word .didn't work.anyone know how reset password in kppp.alan help

Comment

Working...
          X