X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking problem in Kubuntu

Hi,
    I have installed Kubuntu 6.06 LTS. When I am connecting my Mobile with the Laptop through the USB Data Cable for connecting to internet then the cell gets hanged immediately. So i am unable to do internet. But this problem is not happenning in win xp. its working without any problem... and i connct to internet in xp without any prob.... but as this is happenning so i am unable to connect to internet in linux... plz help me.... why the cell gets switched off in kubuntu environment where as in xp its running nicely....

i am very worried for this.. plz help me to solve this problem...

thnx

Re: Shocking problem in Kubuntu

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. If I understand your problem, you are connecting your computer to your mobile phone using a usb connection and then, dialing in to your ISP with the mobile phone. This method works for you in XP, however, when you attempt to do this in Kubuntu, the call is disconnected immediately.

I assume that there must be an acoustic modem of some kind involved in this process. Is this true? Are you sure that this modem is not a so-called winmodem, in which the tones are actually produced by M$ software that is not available to Linux? If you have a real modem, have you set up KPPP to use this modem?

Comment

Working...
    X