X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Canon PIXMA MP500 to work?

Hi

I have a Canon PIXMA MP500 printer, and I would really like to get it to work without having to buy the $30 TurboPrint driver. I've printed some pages with the TurboPrint driver, so I know the printer works together with my installation of Kubuntu. This is what I have done apart from using the TurboPrint driver:

1. Went to linuxprinting.org, found http://linuxprinting.org/show_printe...on-PIXMA_MP500 and read the thread.

2. Downloaded and installed the drives, using alien to convert them to debian packages.

3. Went to K -> System Settings -> Printers and chose Add -> Add printer/class.

4. Pointed to the ppd file that got extracted from the aforementioned package that I converted.

5. Tried to print a testpage, without any luck.

6. Restarted cupsys (sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys restart, got an [OK]), and tried to print a testpage, without any luck.

I tried to add the printer this way by pointing to the mp500.ppd that got extracted when I installed TurboPrint but that didn't work either. What else is needed?

Any help appreciated!

Re: Getting Canon PIXMA MP500 to work?

Sorry for the belated reply. After your step 2, did you use dpkg to actually install the deb? Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with the procedure that you followed.

Comment

Re: Getting Canon PIXMA MP500 to work?

Any beginners tutorial for how to do this ( and did you get it to work? Same printer here..)

Comment

Working...
      X