Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEVERE: Kubuntu boot and install problems.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEVERE: Kubuntu boot and install problems.

Okay, I attempted to install Kubuntu using the normal disk, didn't work, jammed with just the green word "Loading", needed to hard reset to turn off. Then managed to install through Text install on the Kubuntu disk, however, booting that leaves me with just a console style command that I can only access by hitting the keyboard a few times (all I see is the Kubuntu splash with the loading bar, but there is no progress or details). Had to restore MBR to remove GRUB, and had to set my Windows partition back as active. Then formatted partitions. Now, can someone guide me through what could of been wrong at each stage? Cause I installed Ubuntu fine on here before.

EDIT: Also, trying to install Kubuntu through normal disk using the second option just gave me error about X display system.

Zopah _ _ _

EDIT2: Have attempted reinstall, yields same results, all previous partitions formatted completely.

Re: SEVERE: Kubuntu boot and install problems.

What's the X error?

If you've previously installed Ubuntu without a problem, you could have a bad CD?
    :: antoher ubuntu blog :: get linux    ::    ubuntu documentation project ::

Comment

Working...
    X