X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate for help!

Hi!
    I decided yesterday that I wanted to smack kubuntu 5.10 into my S series lifebook laptop (Fujitsu Siemens).

I installed it today and managed to get dual boot with my version of Windows XP.

The problem is however that I really can´t connect to the internet at all. I tried fixing it in the network settings with root but when I enabled "eth0" it just flicked back to disabled almost instantly.

I have no clue whatsoever how to fix this and I have checked through this lovely forum to get any clues why it simply refuses but no luck here.

For the record I connect my laptop to a DI-604 router and we got dynamic adresses with no password inputs or anything like that.

I´d be dying to get this working, so I plead to you guys to give me a helping hand concerning this matter.

//Frank

Re: Desperate for help!

Are you trying to connect to wifi?

Try checking "enable at startup" in the settings for eth0 (I _think_ that's what the setting is called; it might be something slightly different) and rebooting.

If that doesn't work -- do you also have an ethernet port that shows up as eth1? Try enabling them both and restarting.

In the past, I've had trouble with wireless showing up as my ethernet port and vice-versa.

Comment

Working...
    X