Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to see/connect to wireless networks after reboot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Internet] Unable to see/connect to wireless networks after reboot.

Fresh install connects to wifi just fine durring install. After first reboot i get not wireless networks showing up. Adapter is on and when i switch to adhoc it connects but i get no download, only upload.

I reinstalled and set it to log in automatically, that seemed to fix it... idk.

Comment

The only time i noticed my WiFi adapter was not working was when i didn't install the proprietary drivers for it. (ASUS X99/PRO USB3.1 Motherboard)
      If it worked after switching to "adhoc" mode it means the correct drivers were already loaded successfully.
      So why didn't you see any wireless networks to choose from after first reboot puzzles me, because the WiFi network code should be running before you even login to your user account...

PS: It helps to give information about which O/S distro and version you use, without that no mortal can help you with any problem related to your setup...
      (See Please-read-before-posting-in-help-the-new-guy)
      Last edited by ©TriMoon™; Jul 27, 2020, 04:23 AM.
      Well thats all for now, 3M

Comment

Hi ©TriMoon™ !!
        Welcome to KFN!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

*delete me*
          Last edited by ©TriMoon™; Jul 28, 2020, 05:38 AM. Reason: Arggg at forum double post !

Comment

Heh thanks for the welcome

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Hi ©TriMoon™ !!
            Welcome to KFN!
            Too bad we can't simply +1 a post here, i feel like going off-topic with this reply...

Comment

Originally posted by ©TriMoon™ View Post
              Too bad we can't simply +1 a post here, i feel like going off-topic with this reply...
              That;'s not unusual here , we aren't a terribly large place, and try to keep it somewhat casual. It seems to work over the past 15 years.

Comment

I have always had no problem with wireless networks, only one time when I installed a non-proprietary driver that wasn't working properly. But that situation was easily resolved.

Comment

Working...
                X