X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Extensions?

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to associate file types with certain programs? I was sent a .blend that can be opened in Blender3D. Every time I want to open it, I have to select Blender from a list. Once I select it once, it doesn't just automatically associate the file type with the program either.

Any help would be great,

Mr_Welfare

Re: File Extensions?

There's a checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box that pops up when you need to choose a program from a list. Enable that so that your choice will be remembered.

But this is strange since installing Blender from the repositories should have set the proper File Associations. Unless of course you didn't install it from the repositories and used that packages from Blender3d.org.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I was thinking that there should be a checkbox somewhere (just like Windows) However, the only checkboxes I see are "Run in terminal" and "Do not close when command exits" (The second box is greyed out.)

Also, I did install Blender from the packages downloaded from Blender3d.org

Mr_Welfare

Comment

If you right-click on the file, select "properties", then click the little wrench icon to the right of the file type description, and in the Application preference order" you can add a program, or rearrange the preference order if there is more than one listed.

But if you right-click on the file, choose "open with", you should see a checkbox at the bottom saying "remember application association". If not the way I described above should do it as well. Luckily there are at least 3 ways to do this

Comment

Working...
        X