This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.06LTS CD Inatall

Hi. Wondering if I have a corrupt CD.Machine starts up , gives me the first screen showing the 4 options. When I take the start/Install option the machine hangs on the "loading kernal". I have waited for 5 min and nothing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

PS: Just received the CD from Ubunto.

Re: 6.06LTS CD Inatall

The 3rd Option on the Kubuntu 6.06 install screen should say something like
    Check CD for Defects.

Another thing you can do is check for the correct MD5SUM.

I dont remember how i did it but I think I generated checksums from the entire CD's content and then downloaded a file that had all the MD5SUMS of my DOWNLOADED Kubuntu iso and run an MD5SUM command. Sounds complicated and it shouldnt be but maybe someone can give you better instructions

Comment

Tnx fr reply. I tried to run the 3rd. No luck on any of the 4 options that why I believe the CD may be damaged. Hate to order anoyher if the problem is me.

Comment

I ordered both Ubundu and Kubundo. Ubundo CD runs fine. Kubunto should be a dropin also,no?

Comment

It looks like you really have a bad Kubuntu CD then if you cant use any of the options on the disk.

Since you have an Ubuntu CD that seems to be functioning properly, you can actually install that and install KDE after you have Ubuntu up and running by installing 'kubuntu-desktop' via 'apt-get'

check out
          http://www.kubuntu.com/faq.php#installfromubuntu

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X