This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icons galore!

From the Menu Editor in K Menu there are 6 options under Games: Arcade, Board Games, etc. If I click on any icon that appears on the right hand side of the menu all I get is hundreds of icons that lead nowhere. What is the purpose of this facility? Is it just to show the range of icons available in Kubuntu 6.06?

I am still looking for games that might be hidden somewhere but so far unaccessible. Am I wasting my time looking for something that is simply not available? >

Re: Icons galore!

games are not part of the default kubuntu install. i recently used adept (package manager) to install a bunch of games. my kmenu sounds like yours. but i when i choose an icon the game launches. how did you install your games ? i would try uninstall and then reinstall.

Comment

I didn't install any games. I installed Kubuntu 6.06 from a live CD and assumed that some games would be part and parcel of the software bundle.

I still can't go online with Kubuntu because I am on dialup and running AOL9, which does not support Linux (I understand that you can with AOL providing you don't use their proprietary software, but don't know how).

Hoping to get broadband with SKY as soon as it becomes free to TV subscribers in my area. I am not holding my breath though...

Comment

Nope. No games are installed by default on Kubuntu.

The icon chooser basically lets you choose/search icons if you need/want to change an icon for a menu entry or a file type. So yes, it practically shows you what icons are available. You can search for particular icons by typing in a name in the search field. There are also different types of icons you can choose from (from the drop-down list near the top) like applications, filesystems, devices, etc.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Almax00 and Jucato, thank you very much for your input. I now know how I stand as far as games and icons are concerned! Another step forward...a long road! <g>

I would still like to know if I can go online with AOL.

Comment

Re: go on line with AOL

You can use AOL if you have broadband and connect via a router, you set the router up as a separate screen name. This way you do not need to use their proprietary software. Why not take this opportunity to check out other ISP providers.
            Kubuntu 10.10 64bit<br />KDE 4.5.3<br />Kernel: 2.6.35.22 generic<br />Nvidia Driver: 260.19.06<br />Dell Dimension 9200 - Core 2 Duo 6300 - 3GB Ram<br />Nvidia Geforce 7900GS<br /><br />Linux user since March 2004<br />Linux user #526793

Comment

Thanks sjhstorm. I've been with AOL 5 years and cannot envisage changing at this point in time. Their rates are competitive (I got a good deal for life!) and haven't come across any other ISP that will provide a better service. I am now seriously considering AOL broadband at £9.99.

Comment

Working...
              X