This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install kubuntu offline

Hello everybody, i'm new on linux and i don't know if i could install linux, on particular kubuntu, offline?
    And what's the difference between the cds and dvd of kubuntu setup?
    Thank you!

Re: Install kubuntu offline

Originally posted by Lalla
    Hello everybody, i'm new on linux and i don't know if i could install linux, on particular kubuntu, offline?
    And what's the difference between the cds and dvd of kubuntu setup?
    Thank you!
    Kubuntu can be installed offilne. In fact, the only time you need the internet for kubuntu is to get the disc image to burn (though you can always get free CD's from shipit), and to upgrade (which you don't even need to do)

Also, about the CD/DVD:
    Before 6.06, there was a live cd (to preview Kubuntu) and an installer CD (to install, there is no GUI, just text). The live cd could not install Kubuntu, and the installer could not let you preview Kubuntu.

As of 6.06, there is a desktop CD, replacing the Live CD, which can allow you to preview Kubuntu as well as install it. The DVD includes both the Desktop and the Alternate (what was before known as the installer CD) install CD. The Desktop CD is good for the average home user, while the alternate install CD is geared towards people who manage many computers, to make installing fast and efficient.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Re: Install kubuntu offline

Thank you so much!!

Comment

Working...
      X