This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Cashew weirdness

I installed Kubuntu 18.04 on my laptop around a week or so ago. Everything was fine except for scaling which I had to play around with till I was satisfied. Now I notice the little hamburger menu button on the top right of the desktop as a 'D' next to it. I swear this wasn't the case until a day or two ago. The 'D' disappears when I click the button and the menu appears. But comes back when I dismiss the menu. I have no idea why this appeared and how to get rid of it - any help would be appreciated.

Try dragging it towards or away from the corner, maybe it will resize properly? If it is not in the very corner, it will show the name of the Activity , here it is "default", by, um, default.

If you don't use this Desktop menu for anything, you can disable it in the right-click desktop settings area.

Comment

Oh now it all makes sense. I added a new Activity to try out activities and maybe that's when this started? That's assuming that the Activity name was empty before I added the 2nd activity.
      Thanks!

Comment

I think it was a bug or anomaly of rescaling. The name has always there, it's just not visible when it is in the very corner, I believe.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X