This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubles with Amarock

Ultra linux noob needs a bit of help. Installed Kubuntu 6.06 on an old boat anchor HP system with 192 Mg and a 450 mghz intel chip in it. I am using it for my garage MP3 player. Just and experiment really.

I'm having troubles with Amarock player and was wondering what other player would better suit me. I just want the player to shuffle play my 1500+ tracks.

Everytime I start Amarock it takes an hour to build a play list, plays one song then rebuilds a list for 20 minutes and plays another song and so on and so on. If I FF to the next song it rebuilds the list again, 20 minutes later plays a song. It ain't working.

I need an easier, better working player that will work with Kubuntu please

Also I have an enclosed Laptop drive I want to dump my MP3 onto the local disk. Where should I do that? What folder or area of the HD?

I'm gonna try to kick the Windows habbit! I want to make under my TV set box using linux out of a P4 2.8Gig with 2 gigs of Ram.

TIA for any help

Slippery_1

Re: Troubles with Amarock

I use Kaffeine as my multimedia machine (videos, dvds, music) and have never had any trouble with it.
    Every time I've tried Amarok I have found it plainly irritating.

Comment

While Love and cherish Amarok (she is my mistress, pleeze don't tell my wife ) I think that Juk is another simpler option for you. It does playlists and other things, but it is much lighter and simpler than Amarok. it is in

You can put your music wherever you want to, you can simply point your media player to that folder wherever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
        While Love and cherish Amarok (she is my mistress, pleeze don't tell my wife ) I think that Juk is another simpler option for you. It does playlists and other things, but it is much lighter and simpler than Amarok. it is in

You can put your music wherever you want to, you can simply point your media player to that folder wherever it is.
        Probably a mistake, but I put my cd folders right on the dektop. One folder for every artist/CD, 150 total. Probably not the best way to do it, but I'm ultra new to Linux (15 years on the Win PCs).

This is just a "experimental" garage system. I'm too impatient to wait for Amarock think between every random play.

I will probably use it when I clone off my P4 2.8 & MB off to an under my tv set PVR/Music/Movie box after Christmas. Dual core coming soon~!

Complexity is not an issue. The chip I'm running in this "boat anchor" system is just too slow! I've only got 8 gigs of my 50 Gigs total of music on it. It would take a week to make the playlist.

I will try the your suggestions thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X