X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with dual boot

Hi, I'm new here.
    I installed Windows 10 and Kubuntu (the last one) I use dual boot but when I start windows 10 it doesn't let me choose anymore so I use the installer, tried Kubuntu and repaired the grub, it worked until I boot windows (Bill, why are you like this?) How do I fix it?

Also a little question, I can't remove the activities button at the top right corner, how do I remove it?

Thanks! (Also I speak Spanish)

Two quick thoughts:

(1) You could run Boot-Repair and see what happens:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

or,

(2) You could boot into your Kubuntu and issue this command (using Konsole):
    sudo grub-install
    then
    sudo update-grub

Caution, though: That would re-install GRUB to your system, and it would make GRUB (not the Windows bootloader) control the booting of your computer; and Windows would show up in the GRUB boot menu as a choice; the default would be to boot into Kubuntu, though.

Now, if instead you want Windows boot loader to control the booting, you will have to google that as I don't do Windows and have forgotten all that stuff (without googling it): "how to re-install the Windows 10 boot loader?" That is the google string to look up.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Thanks for you help, but I fixed it using cmd in win 10
      Code:
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi
      Anyway thanks!

Comment

Nice work, Molcap. Nothing wrong doing it from the Windows side!
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X