X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 18.04.1 Double clicking taskbar does nothing

Good day,

Recent install of Kubuntu 18.04.1 fully updated, Graphics PPA enabled using Nvidia 396.54 driver all working fine except... when I double click the taskbar I expect it to maximise instead it does nothing I changed the settings to maximise horizontally, maximize vertically etc. and none of the options work (except the option that says do nothing).

Not a biggie but would like it to work.
    Last edited by nlsthzn; Oct 12, 2018, 03:03 AM. Reason: Funky font time
    ~EVE Online - the best game I will never recommend you play~

Well, that action is working here.

If I double click on the Titlebar at the top of the window (also called the Window Decoration in Linux) it maximises the window and reverses it again on double clicking it.

Maybe some other setting you have changed is causing the problem or something in the Nvidia settings perhaps?
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
      Well, that action is working here.

If I double click on the Titlebar at the top of the window (also called the Window Decoration in Linux) it maximises the window and reverses it again on double clicking it.

Maybe some other setting you have changed is causing the problem or something in the Nvidia settings perhaps?
      Everything was (well still is) stock like when I installed it except that I disabled the transparency when moving windows, but I disabled that as part of my troubleshooting to try and get this issue resolved. Didn't touch anything nvidia related except to install the proprietary driver. I had an install of Kubuntu 18.04 earlier in the year and I didn't have this issue (or I didn't try and maximise a window in this fashion).

Comment

Well, not sure if it was the kubuntu-update PPA or the backports PPA I added and updated from but things just improved on several fronts. Double click top of window and maximise works. Chrome stopped pestering me to be default browser (even after I had previously set it several times) and my user picture finally took and displays on the start menu.

And nothing broke so far I know

Comment

Working...
        X