X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck ! I just see 2 small rectangles !

Well, here's the deal !

I wa told by a very good friend to download the "alternate" cd if I wanted to Install Kubuntu on my System.
    My System has the following configuration !

Intel 915GAV Mobo
    3.0 GHz HT PRocc
    2 x 512 Gigs of RAM
    a 40 GB IDE
    a 200 GB SATA
    etc

Well, I downloaded the Alternate CD, checked the MD5 sums, got an OK and wrote the image onto a CD.

I booted from the CD, I was asked for the langiage, my location, keyboard layout etc etc..

Then all the partition information, host name, User's Name, username, passwrdm re-password, etc !

After that, it installed the Base System but gave an error during the "kernel" of "kubuntu 386"

So I had to choose "kubuntu image 386" and it gave no errors !

Well, after that, it was doing the "Select and Install Softwares"

After this, it came to a screen where it was "monitoring" something at 40% and at 83% it did something with the repositories !!

Well, here's the problem. THat was the last install screen i See.

After this, the screen goes BLACK and all i see are two white rectangles, the size of the mouse cursor in any DOS application on the screen !!

This black screen with the 2 rectangles just stays there. I waited 2 long hours but nothing.

I even tried installing all over again 3 times, but the same thing happened !!

What could be wrong ? ( the CD's MD5 sum was correct )

Re: Stuck ! I just see 2 small rectangles !

The alternate disc is only really necessary for OLD OLD, OLD computers and specialized installs. Give the desktop cd a shot. It takes about a quarter of the time to install, too.

Sam

Comment

Working...
    X