This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mtp and dolphin

I am unable to mount my samsung s9+. When i try to open in dolphin it gives me an error about an mtp error.
    Kubuntu 18.04
    System76 kudu 2018.

Firstly, the error maybe spurious; in 18.04 there's a problem where dolphin thinks the mount has failed, but it hasn't, and if you click on the entry in the devices panel it works. Or use another file manager.

Secondly, IMO MTP is microsoft garbage. Again, IMO, you're better to use wireless alternatives if you can. Check out KDE Connect, it's part of KDE, on 18.04 you've already got it. Before KDE connect, I used AirDroid for years, but they got dodgy, wanted to route stuff through their servers.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Clicking in the panel does not work, nautilus does not work, kde connect does not work.

Comment

If you want to use KDEConnect to see your Android device, the Android device will also need the KDEConnect Android app from the Playstore.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Read before replying.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekingdux View Post
            Read before replying.
            The previous poster did. Some people with some phones have problems with mtp connections. It could be the OS and its libmtp but it equally can be the phone having its own unique quirks. Brand new phones are often problematic until people figure out what that device needs to work correctly. KDE Connect is a valid and useful suggestion as it makes file transfers much easier and bypasses the quirks of MTP.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by claydoh; Aug 14, 2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X