Kubuntu System Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu System Requirements

Hello dear users, I have such a question, I have not found the system requirements for Kubuntu, but I would like to put it on the following computer. 8 gb ram
    intel core i3 1215u 12gen
    250 ssd
    The question is
    1)where can I find the system requirements for Kubuntu?
    2)should I become Kubuntu on a computer with these specs?

What's on the computer now? IMHO it should work especially if you are dedicating that system to Kubuntu.. It is going to run slowere than newer systems because of the I3 processor.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman View Post
      What's on the computer now? IMHO it should work especially if you are dedicating that system to Kubuntu.. It is going to run slowere than newer systems because of the I3 processor.
      Windows 11.i3 1215u 12 gen have 6 cores

Comment

If it runs Wx 11, you should love Kubuntu, especially if you dedicate that system. You do have to abllity to run both if you need to (dual boot) . The install disc has the ability to try it out. You have the option to try Kubuntu or Install. I suggest try it first. connect to the internet and plunk around to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman View Post
          If it runs Wx 11, you should love Kubuntu, especially if you dedicate that system. You do have to abllity to run both if you need to (dual boot) . The install disc has the ability to try it out. You have the option to try Kubuntu or Install. I suggest try it first. connect to the internet and plunk around to try it out.
          Is 6 cores enough for Kubuntu??

Comment

You will be more than fine with that setup

There are no official specs, as it sort of depends

Basically a dual core with 4Gb ram can do it, if you really have to. But most anything i3 and up from the past 10-12 years will work fairly well, especially if one can upgrade to a cheap SSD

Comment

I'm sure it is. Single core is great for Linux (Kubuntu). I was thrown off by I3 processor. If you have 6 cores it is real new and should be screaming fast. I'm using macbook air, not so familiar with the intel arch.

Comment

Working...
              X