List all physical usb drives in terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List all physical usb drives in terminal

Hi guys, Ok I'm still a complete novice so please bare with me. I have a question about listing USB drives. I'm familiar with lsblk but when I run it it gives me a long list, I'm just wondering if it's possible to narrow down that list to JUST PHYSICAL USB drives.

Ok i finally figured it out. The command i was looking for is "lsblk | grep disk​"

Comment

That won't specifically identify USB drives. I ran lsblk | grep disk on my laptop, which has no attached USB drives, only it's internal HDD. The command identifies that HDD.

https://linux.die.net/man/8/lsusb
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hey Snowhog!! Good to see you again. I looked at the page you linked. I KIND of understood some of it. Anyway the lsblk command seems to do what i need it to do. You see I'm trying to learn Gambas3, yeah i know it's for beginners but well i am a beginner. I'm trying to list all the drives listed with the lsblk | grep disk in a combobox.. It's probably simple but it's got me pulling my hair out (I'm already bald)

Comment

Look at this thread on ask Ubuntu: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1686...ves-that-are-c
          Scroll to the bottom and look at the script. Just copy the script and paste it into the terminal. Tested it on my laptop with one USB thumb drive plugged in. The output gave information about just that USB thumb drive.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X