This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu & Samba

Hey all, I'm new to these forums and Kubuntu Dapper.

I just have one simple question. Where is Kubuntu's Samba browser? I can't seem to find it. And if it doesn't come with one, how do I install smb4k? It and Samba both break whenever I try to install them in Adept.

I can browse my network fine via the smb:// protocol, but I need some way to actually mount shared files on the network (no, I don't want to use the command line for it). My previous solution was to just use the smb4k button in Konq's sidebar. If Kubuntu has a share browser, does it have any sort of funtionality like this? (a button in Konq, a panel applet, etc. anything that gives it quick access)

Re: Kubuntu & Samba

Yikes, I can't share files either because I don't know the root password for configuring file sharing.

Comment

Use the Adept Manager. Make sure you enable all the proper Repositories. (I enable all of em). Find and install Smb4k. After install, run Smb4K from the Utilities menu. In Smb4K goto Settings>Configure Smb4k>Super User> and make sure you check off "Use super user privileges to mount and unmount shares".

Hope this helps.

Comment

I didn't have any problems with smb4k? It installed just fine.

FWIW I find it a lot easier to just book mark the shares in Konqueror.

To share files I've always used the Share button in System Settings.

Comment

Working...
        X