This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation error?

I am trying to install kubuntu from a cd, and every time I try to partition space, it says not enough space for installation Any tips?

Re: Installation error?

How much empty space do you currently have on your disk? Do you know how to find that out?

Comment

about 36 gig

Comment

What are the specific steps you're using to install it? Are you trying to set a specific partition size, or are you letting the install create the partition?

Comment

Well, I use the automatic thing, and set the slider back so that it leaves enough on the other partition to keep all of my other things. I have about 34 gig used and 36, so I set the slider so it says 35.

Comment

Okay, so let me see if I understand you: you have 36 Gb of empty space available, and you're telling the install to use 35 Gb. Do I have that right?

Comment

Yes, assuming that I know what I'm doing at all! I'm not sure if I'm telling it to leave 35 gig on the other partition or use 35 on the new one, but either way it should leave enough room on both, right?

Comment

I would think so. What happens if you tell it to resize the existing partition and then in stall on the new partition?

Comment

Not sure how to do that

Comment

Let me rephrase - I thought that's what it did automatically. I'm not certain how to set it up manually.

Comment

Working...
                    X