Input Method, ibus, Keyboard removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input Method, ibus, Keyboard removal

On the panel there is a "keyboard" symbol. How to remove it? Shows 'Input Method'. I read removing a portion of ibus will do it.
    Boot Info Script

You could just set it to 'hidden' or 'disabled' in the system tray settings.

Assuming you are using 24.04, fcitx5 is what you are looking for.

Comment

There's no option to do that. I on Oracular. Right-click doesn't do anything. config doesn't have that option.
      There's an Exit, but then it reappears next boot.

Boot Info Script

Comment

You click on the ^ in the System Tray and then on the icon to the left of the Push Pin in the upper right corner of the Status and Notifications pop-up window. In the System Tray Settings - Plasma window, click on Entries in the left pane. Scroll down to the entry you want to hide or disable. Click on the button (Shown when relevant) and you will see the options that can be selected.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If you don't use DBCS (Japanese, Korean, etc) then you don't need ibus at all.
          Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            You click on the ^ in the System Tray and then on the icon to the left of the Push Pin in the upper right corner of the Status and Notifications pop-up window. In the System Tray Settings - Plasma window, click on Entries in the left pane. Scroll down to the entry you want to hide or disable. Click on the button (Shown when relevant) and you will see the options that can be selected.
            Thank you
            Boot Info Script

Comment

Odd. It still shows up even though its disabled as described above.
              It works now. I needed to go to 'System Services' and disable, turnoff both entries.
              Last edited by verndog; Sep 09, 2024, 07:17 PM.
              Boot Info Script

Comment

Working...
              X