Media keys not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media keys not working?

Does anyone know how I can set the media keys on my keyboard to control my media player app of choice? Currently the media key open media player key opens the KDE settings app. The volume up, down, and mute keys are working. The play/pause, next track, previous track, and stop keys seem to be controlling Firefox for some reason. The volume keys are functioning as I'd like, but I want the other keys to control Plexamp exclusively. Windows handles this by pointing the media keys to the default media player app I think. I don't see an option for a default media player in KDE though.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Figured this out finally. For anyone who is having the same issue, my solution was through the settings app. My launch media player key was bound to open this settings app instead of a media player for some reason. You can change key-bindings under Settings->Shortcuts. I had to select the System Settings app from the application list then remove the key binding for my media key, which for some reason is labeled as "tools" by KDE Plasma. Then I added the media player I wanted to bind the media key to to the list of applications, and added the key to its shortcuts. The UI was somewhat confusing to do this. The window for adding shortcuts holds an "add custom shortcut" button which when selected will change to "input." Do not click the "input" button. This is when you add the key or key combo you want to bind to the shortcut. This confused me. I kept selecting "input" which stopped the program from listening for the desired keybind. While the button reads "input" you should press the desired key or key combo for your shortcut then press apply to save the shortcut.

Anyway, with that all said I hope this helps someone.

Comment

Working...
    X