Question about kernel message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Question about kernel message

HI hoping that @oshunluvr​ will see this - I dont seem to have permissions to send PM's on this forum:

Hi can I ask if you ever solved this problem you listed here: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...ing-is-mounted

I have a headless debian install with a drive I want to keep unmounted and only mount on a script to perform a backup then dismount it and since adding this drive I get the same regual kernel message I have also tied it to UDEV but not really sure what I need to do to prevent it from happening.

Thanks in advance

Anthony​
    Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 11, 2024, 02:48 PM.

Originally posted by atunguyd View Post
    I dont seem to have permissions to send PM's on this forum:
    You need to have a minimum number of posts before being able to do certain things.

Which version are you using? Which kernel?

Comment

I am using Debian 12 on this unit - kernel version is reported as 6.1.0-23-amd64

I realise it is not Kubuntu - but since oshunluvr​ had a similar problem here on kubuntu I was hoping he would have found a solution I can use in Debian.

Comment

edit - posted a solution I thought I had but turned out not to be the problem
        Last edited by atunguyd; Aug 10, 2024, 09:44 AM.

Comment

For prosperity - I found the issue - it was webmin installed which has an option "Collect system status in background?​" this seemed to be calling partprobe every time it runs - that in turn makes the kernel generate the line sdc:sdc1 for the unmounted partition. Sounds to me to be a kernel bug as a line like that makes no sense without context but for now I have just disabled the webmin option to collect system status in the background as I dont need this.

Comment

Working...
          X