X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Corner Custom Command

Hello to the forum

i am pretty new to kubuntu

I will like to create a custom command in HOT CORNERS to minimize active window

I changed the global shortcut to minimize window ctrl+shift+m, installed xdotool and in terminal runned xdotool key ctrl+shift
    How can i attribute a custom commnad in hot corner?

Thaks for your time

Just open up KDE Settings > Desktop Behavior > Screen Edges.

Click the edge/corner you want to customize, and choose Run Command from the drop-down menu.

Code:
    xdotool windowminimize $(xdotool getactivewindow)
    Source:
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/3180...gnome-terminal
    Last edited by bradleypariah; Jul 02, 2018, 12:26 PM.
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

Thank ypu for your reply; But when choose run command it opens KRUNNERr and i dont know how to make the command "sticky"

Please note that i use CRTL+SPACE to summon Krunner.

Thanks

Comment

Oh, I see. I'm not sure how to help from here. Are you wanting specifically for the front window to minimize because you're trying to alternate to the window behind it? You could also just choose Show Desktop. That will get the app our of your way, but it obviously won't leave the next window behi
        Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
        Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

Yes the "Run Command" option in system settings> screen edges is actually "Launch KRunner". A mis-labeling IMO.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for your reply

but is there a way of minimizing active window like elementary os hot corners;

does kubuntu team thinks to add this choice in screen edges...

thanks

Comment

you could go to system settings->shortcuts -> Global Settings -> System Settings -> minimize Window and set it to a key combo. You can't set the corners to anything custom since it does not have an option for it. I like the idea and I'll see if I can talk to a some people and make it so we can add custom commands or actions that can be triggered with the hot corners.
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
              X