X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a sound control problem.

Kubuntu 14.04LTS

I have kmix installed. When watching a series on Prime Video, the volume control opens with Volume highest in the application and Kmix volume control on about 60%. The volume is too low on these settings. When I reset Kmix to maximum volume, the volume is just a little too high, but acceptable.

Each time a new episode of a program starts, Kmix returns to the 60% setting, and I have to reset it to 100%. Since the default sound is just a little too low, I don't always remember to reset the volume until a part of the program is too low.

I have looked for any setting that might require resetting to default settings. I am unable to find a configuration that will solve my problem.

Thanks! Shab

Long shot - Have you tried installing ALSAMixerGUI and looking to see if any levels in there are set to 60%, causing Kmix to reset to it?

I personally use PulseEffects. It has an EQ, compressor, and a limiter (plus reverb, but... WHY). It helps level out all your sources and calm down overly-dynamic audio.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pulseeffects_main_window-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	643913
    Gaming/HTPC: Kubuntu 23.10 | MSI B450 Gaming+ MAX Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT @ 3.8GHz (x12) CPU | RX6700XT 12GB GPU | 32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Laptop: Kubuntu 23.04.1 | 2012 MacBook Pro | i7 @ 2.9GHz (x4) CPU | 16 GB DDR3 RAM​

Comment

Working...
    X