Keyboard stops working on laptop after sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard stops working on laptop after sleep

Hello. This is the second time that this has happened, but for some reason my keyboard stops working after I shut the lid on my laptop and then reopen to wake from sleeping.
    I can login using the virtual keyboard, but once logged in the keyboard still does not work on anything. I thought I fixed the problem last time by installing an fresh install and latest version of kubuntu, but
    its back and happening again. Any clue on how to fix this?

Originally posted by Randy View Post
    Any clue on how to fix this?
    Not without information as to your laptops make/model and specifications, version of Kubuntu you installed, and whether this behavior started immediately after installation, or at some later date.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 09, 2024, 02:41 PM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have a Dell Insiron 5100 laptop.

KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.7
      Frameworks version: 5.29.0
      Qt version: 5.15.3
      Kernel Version: 6.5.0-35-generic (64-bit)
      Graphics Platform: X11
      Intel Core i5-7200U
      Graphics: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 620

This is the second time this has happened to where I'm at a complete loss and ready to reinstall something else on here if I need too.
      This install has been on here for about 4 months I'm guessing and it just started doing this the other day.
      On a previous installation of Debian with Plasma it started happening within the first couple weeks. I googled it and it sounded like it was
      common on Debian installs with Plasma... so I tried Kubuntu which definately lasted a lot longer... but now having the same issue.

Comment

Oops.... Kubuntu 22.04
        Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Well, I'm going to guess that it's hardware related. A Google search finds this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Inspiron

That it has happened when you ran Debian, and is/has happened with Kubuntu, tends to support that it's the laptop itself, and not the OSs. That model is quite old too.
          Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 13, 2024, 12:30 PM.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well, thanks for the feedback!

Kinda a bummer! It was working just fine for the past couple months.... so strange.
            It works again after every reboot also. So, I'm thinking that its some new software update or something
            that was downloaded within the last week or so.

I really don't do anything on this laptop except surf the web on it. Haven't installed any new software or anything either.

Comment

Maybe applicable: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1273...rk-after-sleep

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X