No announcement yet.

Setting up wi-fi, missing system tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw, just reinstalled plasma-desktop with the correct syntax, and after a reboot, it didn't bring back the system tray unfortunately.

Comment

I really wonder what this is:
      ├─sda3 vfat FAT32 SWAP 4F9B-1AEE​
      It seems to be not mounted and is the wrong file system type for a swap partition. And macOS uses swap files…

Could you post cat /etc/fstab before I tell you how to reinstall the whole system?

PS: Please post terminal output in CODE or QUOTE tags, thank you. Also use "paste without formatting" when using CODE tags.
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 30, 2024, 05:49 AM.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

It's entirely possible I messed something up when trying to set the initial partitions as this is my first time trying something like this. On the macOS side, before kubuntu install, I created a 6gb swap partition and (I think) a 50gb partition for the kubuntu install.

Here's that output:

Code:
        # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
        #
        # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may
        # be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if
        # disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
        #
        # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
        UUID=67E3-17ED /boot/efi vfat defaults 0 2
        UUID=2bcf461d-17f8-468f-9aeb-25aca65d85c6 / ext4 defaults 0 1
        /swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0​
        (I'm not 100% sure how the tag formatting works, if I messed this up, my apologies!)
        Last edited by schlurb; Jun 02, 2024, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Try running this to get your wifi up and running: sudo apt-get --reinstall install bcmwl-kernel-source after that run nmtui-connect to activate the card...hope this helps...i had the problem with a lot of things not showing up on the desktop or dock, i ran this to fix that problem: sudo apt full-upgrade, or apt dist-upgrade. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by krodrig2 View Post
            Try running this to get your wifi up and running: sudo apt-get --reinstall install bcmwl-kernel-source after that run nmtui-connect to activate the card...hope this helps...i had the problem with a lot of things not showing up on the desktop or dock, i ran this to fix that problem: sudo apt full-upgrade, or apt dist-upgrade. Hope this helps.

Unfortunately neither of those helped the system tray problem, thanks for the input though. The wifi issue was solved earlier in the thread!

Comment

Hey, im running kde neon on my macbook pro 2009 with this nic BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller so reinstall did the trick for me, the desktop showed for me but the doc icons did not show and a few others after running the upgrade in the terminal and rebooting everything works perfectly now.

Comment

Working...
              X