This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get minimsed apps to show as icon on bottom bar

I find some apps minimise to an icon on the bottom bar and some do not. How to get all minimised windows/apps to show as an icon on the bottom bar. Easier to use than alt tabbing IMO. Thanks.

As you browse the the Application Launcher (icon at the bottom left side of the task manager) and find an app that you want to iconize on the panel, right click on it and click the "pin to Task Manager" option.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It seems you've removed the standard Task Manager widget from the panel. I would suggest trying the "Icons-only Task Manager" instead (it has been my favourite for years).

Alternatively, you could go the dock way with "Latte Dock" (install from the repository with Muon or Muon Discover).
      Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
      Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by shag00 View Post
        I find some apps minimise to an icon on the bottom bar and some do not.
        Which ones do not?
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

When right-clicking on a program under Applications manager, there is a difference between "pin to taskbar" and "Add to Panel (Widget). The differences can be as simple as the size of the icon or whether another icon opens up to the right to show the application is open. Another difference is whether or not you can use the icon on the panel to toggle said application from maximum to minimum. Maybe this might be of some help.
          If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Thanks gents, it appears that the problem may be connected to my installing guvcview which caused a number of other desktop problems, as uninstalling appears to have corrected the problem. I have submitted a bug on source forge in relation to it.

Comment

Working...
            X