Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black screen and fans maxed out. pc stays on and i can still hear the game like normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen and fans maxed out. pc stays on and i can still hear the game like normal

hello kubuntu froums as the title says how do i fix ?using steam proton experimental i have a amd 3200g GTX 1660 super 6gb and 16gb ram this didnt happen on windows i switched to kubuntu because windows 11 was really slow so i needed to use linux for a better experience

Welcome.

Kubuntu version?
    Kubuntu Backports PPA(s) enabled?
    Nvidia driver version (hopefully installed from the official Ubuntu repositories…)?
    Steam Flatpak or …?

If it is of interest to you, you can also have a look at Overview: Kubuntu, its parent and some of its siblings for e.g informations about the Mesa versions in Kubuntu and related distributions.
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 07, 2024, 12:19 PM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Sounds like it's stalling/freezing during boot - usually the fans kick on full speed then slow down after the system comes up.

Other than the questions asked of you above, you need to provide specific information about what you've done with your installation, what your system hardware is, etc.. The link in my sig might provide an effective guide.

Please Read Me

Comment

Yeah. My PC just froze up then power refreshed into Bios screen then Black screen. Keyboard still works, so I can ctrl-alt-del reboot, but I cannot "safe boot"..
        Q- Safe boot. is it Right Shift, left shift, both shifts, ctrl+esc or something else
        Version I think its 23.04. Single kubuntu boot

Comment

Working...
        X