X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Settings] I have to pair Bluetooth headphones each time I want to use them

Hello everyone,

I use the Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones and each time I want to connect them to the PC I have to pair them. The headphones are marked as trusted.

This is what is happening:

1. I pair and connect the headphones. Everything works fine, the music quality is great, the connection is stable etc...If I turn them off and on everything works fine also. I can connect again without any issues.

2. If I suspend or turn off the PC and then try to connect the headphones it simply won't connect. I go to "Configure Bluetooth" and clic on connect and nothing. If I remove the device and pair it again everything works fine again,

Any ideas? What can I check or do to find a solution to this issue?

Thank you,

I have to pair Bluetooth headphones each time I want to use them

After a boot up but before you do a pairing see if the service is running:
    sudo systemctl status bluetooth.service
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks. This is the output after restart;

Code:
      [FONT=monospace]sudo systemctl status bluetooth.service  
      ● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: inactive (dead)
         Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
      [/FONT]
      I want to clarify that I use a Bluetooth dongle (not an integrated one) and sometimes I have it on another place so I use this PC without it being connected.

Edit: I just noticed that even after disconnection and connecting again the Bluetooth dongle, the pairing configuration is lost and it is impossible to connect the headphones again without removing the device and pairing it again.
      Last edited by eera5607; May 07, 2018, 08:47 AM. Reason: New information.

Comment

Check that you have in the kde BT (KCM) in systemsetting that the device is both paired and trusted.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Yes. The device is paired and trusted. When I clic connect it does not connect but if I remove it and pair it again works fine.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180507_092216.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	643853

Bluetooth is active in the system tray
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180507_092111.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	643852

Comment

Ok I just noticed this: If I restart, shutdown or suspend the PC and don't disconnect the Bluetooth USB dongle everything works fine. I can connect to the already paired device. But if I disconnect the dongle at some point I can't reconnect the headphones without having to pair them again.

Comment

https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...etooth-headset
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

this whole thing has been a "continuing" poblem, "off and on" for...what...four upgrades...

wood maybe make it a sticky...just sayin' smoke

Comment

Thanks. The solution proposed on the link did not work. However, this seems not to be a Kubuntu exclusive issue. I suppose I'll have to live with that until there is a definitive solution.

Edit: maybe it has to do with the specific Bluetooth dongle or the fact that I have to disconnect it from time to time and that is the moment when configuration is lost and I have to pair gain.
                  Last edited by eera5607; May 09, 2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I've been having the same problems with Bluetooth. With every upgrade it gets worse and worse and the behavior is identical to what you describe. Frustrating. For one brief, glorious distro release, Bluetooth worked in Linux as well as it does in every other OS --- Windows, Android, iOS, etc...

Comment

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I AM POSTING THIS...

I SOUND LIKE THE "RTFM" people at the Ubuntu forums

But...

THERE ARE MULTIPLE THREADS about this PARTICULAR topic at the forum

A LOT OF THEM GENERATED BY...ME...the old woodsmoker...

maybe check them

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                      X