This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Monitors] Dual Monitors Help

[SOLVED! I fiddled with it and it was fixed. I am not sure how to delete a thread or mark it as solved]

I recently installed Kubuntu today, but I've run into some trouble with my dual monitor setup. I apologize if this isn't the right section to post this.

The monitors refuse to be extended, they only mirror one another. The resolution on one monitor is also wonky, to where the monitor wallpaper cuts off at a certain point, about two inches before the actual end of the monitor. When I enter the settings for the monitors, there is no "detect monitors" option, and "identify monitors" does this:

Note that the weird screen cut-off isn't visible, it disappeared at some point and I'm not sure why.

I have an AMD GPU, a Radeon RX 480. I downloaded the drivers from AMD's website (the pro 17.50 ones), because I could not identify them through Synaptic. I moved the file into the /tmp folder, extracted it, and then installed it with a file inside of that folder. It seemed to install just fine, and I thought a restart with them installed would solve my monitor problem. Before restarting, I opened the resolution window again and the whole computer just froze up, so I manually restarted the computer with the power switch in the back after about 20 minutes. At some point, one of my monitors went completely black, while the other monitor was the only one functioning, but the mouse would not appear. I restarted it with the power brick switch in the back of the computer.

On restart, I continued to have the same problem as described.

Also, when I tested out Kubuntu a few days ago (the newest one available this time) it worked automatically. I've since begun to use 16.04 and this problem has sprung up.

If I missed any vital information, I apologize. I'm pretty new to using Linux. I hope y'all can help.

EDIT: Problem was fixed after joining the Vulkan group through the terminal.
Working...
X