This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Roundy themes don't show bottom task panel

Hello, I've just downloaded Kubuntu, set up all my details and so far am truly enjoying it! However after starting to cutomize my new OS I've found out that themes with roundy bottom task panels don't show up in my system, despite the theme doing so.

Take the "Layan" theme for instance. It shows the top bar, but not the bottom bar where applications are. This is true of every theme that gives a roundy, "mac like" shape to the OS.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 28, 2023, 02:07 PM.

Welcome!

E.g. for Layan: did you follow the instructions on https://github.com/vinceliuice/Layan-kde?
    That means: did you e.g. install Kvantum and did you check if the theme uses a seperate (required) dock for the bottom panel, like Latte Dock?

And did you check that your Plasma version is compatible with the theme?!?
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
      Welcome!

E.g. for Layan: did you follow the instructions on https://github.com/vinceliuice/Layan-kde?
      That means: did you e.g. install Kvantum and did you check if the theme uses a seperate (required) dock for the bottom panel, like Latte Dock?

I did activate is beforehand with Kvantum, yet the issue still persisted sadly. Though I didn't really check the Github page, i will write if anything written there solves the problem.

Comment

Welcome!

Thank you so much, while the Github page didn't help me much I've solved the problem along the way.

Comment

Glad I could help - how did you solve it?
          Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
          Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
          install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Glad I could help - how did you solve it?
            It was the Latte, turns out I've installed the wrong one

Comment

Working...
            X