Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I connect from Kubuntu 22.04 to Windows 10 using a Hotmail account with local password and remote desktop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I connect from Kubuntu 22.04 to Windows 10 using a Hotmail account with local password and remote desktop?

Hi There

I have a Windows 10 desktop. I sit phisically and connect to it using a MS account associated to my Hotmail account. It is like lastname.firstname@hotmail.com. This hotmail account has its password but at my desktop I use another password, yes, remote account, remote password and local password to this same remote account. I also have a notebook running Kubuntu 22.04LTS. Both are connected to my humble network at home. The desktop uses a cable and the desktop uses wifi.
    I want to connect from my Kubuntu notebook to my Windows 10 desktop using remote desktop. I can connect perfectly if I use a local Windows account. The problem seens to be to use a Hotmail account. I could change and use the local Windows account but I have some vpn software tied to this hotmail account and it is going to cost me some time and emails to reconfigure it so I prefer to try to connect to the already configured one. I already disabled UAC at Windows 10 and allowed remote connections. I can connect using Windows local account using KRDC at Kubuntu Note.

Can anyone help?
Working...
X