This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Errors] ./buildset

Hi, I'm running kubuntu 14.04 with trinity desktop and love it. The problem I have is, I want to install nuvox icon theme. I have the tar.gz file, the instructions with it are... "First you just have to decompress the file nuvoX_0X.tar.gz, then, enter to the folder and to execute it in the
    console ./buildset (you need IMAGEMAGICK installed, please wait to icons be compressed). This creates a file named nuvox_0X.tar.bz2 (This is the completed theme)"
    I have ImageMagick installed, but when I attempt to execute ./buildset I get 'No such file or directory'. I've tried as normal user and sudo, same result. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thank you
    Steve

Well, on the face of it, the instructions are saying:

In dolphin, double-click the file, Ark will start, persuade it to "Extract All" (I'm not sure exactly what you'd click on in Ark to achieve this, it seems to have changed a bit since KDE 3.) A directory called nuvoX_something will be created. Start a konsole, and cd into that directory, and run ./buildset.

Alternatively, use konsole all the way. Say, if your .tar.gz file is in Downloads,
    Code:
    cd Downloads
    tar xf nuvoX_0X.tar.gz
    cd nuvoX_0X
    ./buildset
    Regards, John Little

Comment

This gives me 3 items..folder mimelnk..install.sh..and readme. So I've run ./install.sh and get 'this scrip enable some mimelnk icons for nuvox icons theme
      ok
      installed for the user: xxxxx
      But it isn't, I've tried System Settings and Trinity Control Center unders Themes>Icons, but it's not there

Then from konsole, in the nuvox folder I ran ./buildset like you suggested and again...'No such file or directory'

The mimelnk folder contains 3 folders..application, audio, and image, none contain a buildset shell script

Comment

OK, done it! Trinity Control Center installs from tar.bz2. Thank you for help
        Steve
        meant to say, downloaded an older version (04) and there was buildset.sh!

Comment

Great. Maybe I should have pointed out that "./buildset" means "run a script called buildset" in the current directory", so it's a good idea if you get "No such file or directory" to type "ls" and see what's there. A lot of downloads will have a file, often called README or INSTALL, that give useful clues.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
          X