Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to upgrade from Kubuntu 17.04 to 17.10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to upgrade from Kubuntu 17.04 to 17.10?

Hi, I currently use Kubuntu 17.04 with backports. When Kubuntu 17.10 is released, how do I upgrade?
    I hope my question is well understood, I do not speak English and this is a translation.
    Thank you, a greeting.

When 17.10 is released, we should have a step by step guide similar to this one.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ZestyUpgrades/Kubuntu
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Another question. I have the hard disk partitioned, in one kubuntu installation and in the other the home. If I download the ISO, burn it on a pen drive and make a new installation, would I lose my home information? Would it be a valid option to upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by lordgault View Post
          Another question. I have the hard disk partitioned, in one kubuntu installation and in the other the home. If I download the ISO, burn it on a pen drive and make a new installation, would I lose my home information?
          no ,,,,,not if you chose the "manual" installation method and select the old Kubuntu partition for / and let it format it ,,,then chose the current home partition for home and DO NOT check the format this partition box .

Would it be a valid option to upgrade?
          yes

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thank you very much. Then I will update by downloading an iso and installing it again without formatting home.

Comment

Thank you very much. Then I will update by downloading an iso and installing it again without formatting home.
              your welcom ,,,,the on line upgrade that @acheron posted should not touch home either by the way .

but some people have problems with it some times ,,,,,especially if you've done a lot of adding PPA's and upgrading system bits way out of stock .

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                When 17.10 is released, we should have a step by step guide similar to this one.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ZestyUpgrades/Kubuntu
                Nearly done

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ar...grades/Kubuntu
                On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Working...
                X