Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice Theme Making It Hard to See Icons - Suggestions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreOffice Theme Making It Hard to See Icons - Suggestions?

I'm running 17.04 Kubuntu, and have tried the default Breeze or Breeze Dark themes. Either one makes LibreOffice 5.3.1.2 or 5.4 tough on the eyes, with the LibreOffice default theme which looks like black on black to my old eyes. I'm running Kubuntu on an older laptop without an HD screen, but I'm really struggling to see the icons in LibreOffice with Breeze or Breeze Dark or read the menus when using Breeze Dark, any suggestions to make things easier on the eyes would be appreciated? (I'm used to LibreOffice on Windows where the theme isn't pretty, but the icons are larger and easy to see and understand their function.)

Have you thought of using other icon sets such as Galaxy or Tango?
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Thank you, I didn't realize that you could choose a different icon set apart from the theme. This worked better than the few different themes that I had tried in LibreOffice.

While trying your suggestion I realized something else. Even if I have "Default Look, don't use themes" checked in LibreOffice, the LibreOffice theme doesn't switch when I make a change in the Kubuntu System Settings. I need to close out LibreOffice and restart it before it picks up the "System Settings" theme. Now I have Kubuntu Breeze with the Automatic Breeze icons and everything is readable again. I must have created an issue while I was trying out the Breeze Dark theme, and then in trying to fix it, I had tried applying other LibreOffice themes that I found suggested in different posts, and made the issue worse. Other program windows seem to change with the System Settings, so I didn't realize that LibreOffice was behaving differently and needed to be restarted. I just thought I was stuck with a dark theme for LibreOffice. I learned something new about themes today, thank you.

Comment

You're welcome

As a general practice, I restart apps if I've made changes to applications' appearance by some external means. Sometimes, even a log out and log in may be needed.
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
        X