Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How to enable advanced mouse settings?

Hi, could anyone help me please to enable the advanced mouse settings? At the moment I only get the main settings. I have already tried what most sites suggested (add a file in xorg.conf.d, but it didn't work.) See example here: https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment..._plasma_evdev/

Operating System: Kubuntu 20.04
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.8
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
    Qt Version: 5.12.8
    Kernel Version: 5.13.0-39-generic
    OS Type: 64-bit
    Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
    Memory: 7.7 GiB of RAM
    Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 17, 2022, 07:06 AM.

This may or may not help you. Using Synaptic (or your favorite package manager), search for and install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics. You may need to open and close System Settings a few times, but at some point you should be able to go to System Settings | Input Devices and find your new, advanced mouse/touchpad settings.

Please note: this apparently doesn't work for everyone any more. Like me!
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by lascetic View Post
      Hi, could anyone help me please to enable the advanced mouse settings? At the moment I only get the main settings.
      Could you explain what you mean by "advanced mouse settings?" Be more specific. Like what exact setting(s) are you trying to change? Some are available in System Setting but not all in the same place. Some require switching to the evdev driver. Some are available using Xresourses.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
        This may or may not help you. Using Synaptic (or your favorite package manager), search for and install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics. You may need to open and close System Settings a few times, but at some point you should be able to go to System Settings | Input Devices and find your new, advanced mouse/touchpad settings.

Please note: this apparently doesn't work for everyone any more. Like me!
        Fantastic! This one worked! Thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by lascetic View Post

Fantastic! This one worked! Thank you so much.
          You're welcome!

This is excellent. I'm really glad it worked for you.
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
          X