This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Settings] Theme settings not working for apps

Hello all, I have Kubuntu 17.04 installed. I am using the Breeze Dark Theme. All my apps are able to use the theme, but some apps like EasyTag and the file dialog in Thunderbird are not able to use the theme at all and show a very distorted view where menu items are right next to each other. What do I need to do to fix this?

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/m52y9egd0j...52716.png?dl=0 for what I mean

Are the header labels adjustable? Does a vertical bar appear when you point the mouse arrow between the labels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

No nothing appears.

Comment

mmm... don't know what else to ask or say.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Not at my PC, so....

This sounds a lot like a Gnome library compiled application issue running in a KDE/Plasma environment. There is a setting for Gnome applications (sorry, don't remember the name of it) that allows you to set which to use for Gnome based apps.

GreyGeek: You know what I'm referring to, right?
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Not at my PC, so....

This sounds a lot like a Gnome library compiled application issue running in a KDE/Plasma environment. There is a setting for Gnome applications (sorry, don't remember the name of it) that allows you to set which to use for Gnome based apps.

GreyGeek: You know what I'm referring to, right?
            The only one I can think of is System Settings --> Application Style --> Gnome Application Style - GTK settings.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170611_210355.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	643533

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              The only one I can think of is System Settings --> Application Style --> Gnome Application Style - GTK settings.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]7016[/ATTACH]
              That's the one. The Themes for GTK2 and GTK3; change those to Raleigh (I think that's correct).
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X