This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

administrator rights -hdd ntfs

hello guys /i ve have some problems with permissions to write on my other partitions (ntfs )/only i can write when i give the permission with sudo su .trying to install pysdm (no succes )the gdebi package give me an error - Application: GDebi (gdebi-kde), signal: Segmentation fault/i did move the dev file to var /cache/apt/archives/pysdm.deb-runing with a terminal with sudo su apt-get install pysdm.deb-give me -file not found //making apt-make update and again apt-get install pysdm.deb-file not found /google more /

Sigh ... where to begin?!

You need to tell us which version of Kubuntu you're using as well as the exact error messages you're getting. It's best to copy and paste terminal output in your replies (wrap CODE tags around it too).

I'll take a stab at deciphering what you wrote--

Originally posted by ryks75 View Post
    hello guys /i ve have some problems with permissions to write on my other partitions (ntfs )/only i can write when i give the permission with sudo su.
    As you don't say what error message you're getting I'm guessing that it MIGHT be the following issue: https://superuser.com/questions/1166...-kubuntu-16-10

trying to install pysdm (no succes )the gdebi package give me an error - Application: GDebi (gdebi-kde), signal: Segmentation fault/i did move the dev file to var /cache/apt/archives/pysdm.deb
    OK, you shouldn't have moved the pysdm.deb file to that folder. Just install it from where you downloaded it to. But why are you downloading deb packages anyway? If you are new to Linux it's best to stick to installing packages from the safe source (the repository). Downloading random deb files is just going to get you in trouble very quickly.

I just did a Google search for pysdm and it's very old and unlikely to fix the mounting problem. It's unlikely to install without some fiddling and may break your system if you force it to install.

To mount other partitions: the easiest way (for occasional mounting) is just from the Dolphin file manager (look for your NTFS partition on the left under "Devices" at the bottom. If you get an error message it's most likely the issue I mentioned above.

-runing with a terminal with sudo su apt-get install pysdm.deb-give me -file not found //making apt-make update and again apt-get install pysdm.deb-file not found /google more /
    OK, you got the command wrong there (in bold), it should have been: sudo apt-get install pysdm.deb but as I said, probably not going to install successfully anyway.

BTW, welcome to Kubuntu Forums!
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

https://askubuntu.com/questions/4623...an-file-system

this solution fix my problem fast

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
        Sigh ... where to begin?!

You need to tell us which version of Kubuntu you're using as well as the exact error messages you're getting. It's best to copy and paste terminal output in your replies (wrap CODE tags around it too).

I'll take a stab at deciphering what you wrote--

As you don't say what error message you're getting I'm guessing that it MIGHT be the following issue: https://superuser.com/questions/1166...-kubuntu-16-10

OK, you shouldn't have moved the pysdm.deb file to that folder. Just install it from where you downloaded it to. But why are you downloading deb packages anyway? If you are new to Linux it's best to stick to installing packages from the safe source (the repository). Downloading random deb files is just going to get you in trouble very quickly.

I just did a Google search for pysdm and it's very old and unlikely to fix the mounting problem. It's unlikely to install without some fiddling and may break your system if you force it to install.

To mount other partitions: the easiest way (for occasional mounting) is just from the Dolphin file manager (look for your NTFS partition on the left under "Devices" at the bottom. If you get an error message it's most likely the issue I mentioned above.

OK, you got the command wrong there (in bold), it should have been: sudo apt-get install pysdm.deb but as I said, probably not going to install successfully anyway.

BTW, welcome to Kubuntu Forums!
        about the version -17
        thank you for fast replay
        cheers
        Last edited by ryks75; May 16, 2017, 01:16 AM.

Comment

There are several on that page. Which one helped you?
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

ok/its seams when you shutdown (fast) windows ,when you boot in linux you don t have permissions to write on your partitions

solution was to shutdown windows on cmd with the option shutdown -s
            and then poweron and choose kubuntu
            from the grub

the trick do it for me
            Last edited by ryks75; May 16, 2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting your solution!
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

thank you for supporting this wonderfull distro
                Last edited by Snowhog; May 16, 2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X