This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Fingerprint Login Kubuntu 16.04

Hello. I've just installed and set up Kubuntu 16.04 on my main desktop PC. Windows 10 direction has lost its appeal for me and its time to try something else. So far I really love the kde desktop. Everything is working the way I expect it to. I'm having an issue in one area though. I'm trying to set up my fingerprint reader to login me into Kubuntu. I've installed a utility called Fingerprint GUI 1.09, and set that up. It is working fine for authenticating root commands in bash, but I'm not able to configure the kde login system to accept the fingerprint for login authentication. I've tried making some adjustments to the /etc/pam.d/sddm file, but I've had no success.

That would be great if someone here could share with me a potential solution for enabling fingerprint login on Kubuntu 16.04. Thank you.

You've probably seen the discussion about your problem here.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      You've probably seen the discussion about your problem here.
      I hadn't actually seen that one yet. Thank you for that. Unfortunately nothing mentioned there has helped me to solve my problem. Anyone here get fingerprint login functioning on their kde desktop? I've read in a couple places that a potential solution maybe to use GDM instead of SDDM for the display manager. Apparently GDM has better support for fingerprint based logins. I'm relatively unexperienced in Linux so I'm unsure of how to replace SDDM with GDM without screwing anything up. I'm hoping someone can chime in and give me some guidance.

Comment

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/07/how-t...ightdm-or.html
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X