This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN how?

i just installed kubuntu yesterday. and i am completly newbie in using linux(never used it before).

the thing is, i have to connect to internet through a vpn connection...can anyone help me about configuring vpn connection?

and plz keep in mind that i don't know any thing about it, i can't even install softwares..

do i have to download anything?

Re: VPN how?

Hi, sorry i can't help you but I've done a google for you, and there is a post on the ubuntu forums which explains how to install a graphical vpn client called pptconfig.  Hope it helps http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1008804

oops you might need the following information

In the post they talk about adding repositories - think of them as libraries holding different types of software. If you want to add a repository, call up a terminal by holding alt+f2 type in konsole and hit return. It will bring up a black screen so we can type commands. First of all backup your repository list so it doesn't get deleted by accident so type: sudo cp -p /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list_backup

No we can edit the repository list by typing sudo kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list

Add the lines stated in the post and save the file. Now all you have to do is return to the black screen and update the repository list by typing: sudo apt-get update

Comment

Re: VPN how?

i visited the u have given but understood nothing ....

now what can i do?

Comment

Working...
      X