This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please to help! GeForce 6600GT S-video out

I've already posted this is hardware support, but no real help there.
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=8372.0

I really want my s-video out to work in Kubuntu. I've got the nvidia drivers. I just don't get any options in Nvidia settings to use my tv out.

It's an absolute OS requirement for me to be able to use my monitor and my tv as two monitors.

I'd be using Kubuntu right now if I could surf the net and watch My Name Is Earl on my tv .

I would really like a definite answer: Is it even supposed to work? What am I doing wrong?

I've done all sorts of searching the net and modifying the xorg.conf file but all i usually get in a frozen xserver at boot.

Please to help please to help!

Re: Please to help! GeForce 6600GT S-video out

Have you checked out the nvtv package in the repositories? I sounds like it's just what you need.

Comment

Looking at Adept, nvtv is already installed.

do i have to do something special to enable it or what?

Comment

As a matter of fact, when I go into system services, it's set to start at boot, but the status is 'Not running'

If I click start I get "Starting NVidia TV-Out server: nvtvd already running."

Back to Windows, where stuff works
        "

Comment

You can run nvtv from the command line and see what the output is, but really you should goto the nvidia website, look for the linux drivers section, read the readme, and write your xorg.conf properly.

Comment

Working...
          X