X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all i want is internet access

installed kubuntu 3 weeks ago. all spare time spent reading
    web. probrem is when run from cd kubuntu accesses internet fine.when installed onto hard disk all it says is zeroconf not running or maybe due to fire wall.
    are we ever susposed to see any more than this from kubuntu or do we have to rely on windows.
    network is configured on 10.0.0.77 with router on 10.0.0.200

Re: all i want is internet access

I am no expert, well a near noob but my Kubuntu alternate install detected my wireless adaptor and allowed me to enter the SSID and WEP key and connected straight away.

I thought if anything would stuff up the install then this would have been it.

I can only presume that during install perhaps you missed or entered incorrect info?

Cant say for sure as I dont know all you details, but I am sure the gurus here will be able to help.

You could also post your problem on the Ubuntu forum which has a wealth of gurus there too.

Comment

thanks .does the network access run by default or do you need to install something else to make it work?

Comment

Is this wireless? If so, have you tried menu>internet>wireless assistant? If you have and it doesn't work, what wifi chipset do you have?

Comment

Working...
        X