This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ffmpeg debs

I compiled my own ffmpeg with nvenc support, following these instructions https://medium.com/@rustamgaifullin/...5d4#.r5222njrt, I would like to create Debs so the package manager can deal with it, but if I use checkinstall to create ffmpeg.deb- it interferes with existing packages

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    Registered Linux User 545823

By default, checkinstall, without options, builds and installs a .deb package. Existing installed package removal would only be indicated IF the package you built needed dependencies that required the removal of others to satisfy those dependencies. Are you sure that what you built is fully compatible with the version of Kubuntu you are installing it in?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've streamed a couple thing using the new nvenc encoder; the probem is that since Ubuntu uses libav and I built the original ffmpeg; the deb I built conflicts- I am currently using 'sudo make install'

Code:
      sudo checkinstall --pkgname=FFmpeg --fstrans=no --backup=no \
             --pkgversion="$(date +%Y%m%d)-git" --deldoc=yes
      Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
      Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Without the --install=no option, checkinstall (run as root) 'will build a .deb package and install it.'

Checkinstall - Debian Wiki
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X