This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with yahoo mail and FF under kubuntu

Whenever I open Yahoo mail I cannot read my mail because I get the message 'Transferring data from s.yimg.com.

How can I rectify this matter?
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

I too use Yahoo and Firefox, the message relates to the image server(s) used by Yahoo to display their site. You may have a filter in place under Firefox which is blocking external images?

This works on my system(s), so look at your FF config settings. I don't see anything in my FF config that blocks images...

It may be a factor of the speed of your 'net connection. The image servers are an additional load on that pipeline and the delay may be fairly long if your ISP speed is lower.

How long have you waited for s.yimg.com to complete?

An alternative is to use an email client (I use Thunderbird) and configure that client to download your Yahoo email to your local drive. I do this because I can then keep email without exceeding Yahoo's memory limits.
    Last edited by TWPonKubuntu; Dec 06, 2016, 03:53 PM. Reason: spelink
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I have been using Add Block Plus for years without a problem.

I have just installed Privacy Badger and hope that the two programmes will work well together.

I have waited so long for s.yimg that I just gave up any hope of reading my mail.

For some reason, things seem to have returned to normal, before I installed Badger.

I will wait and see
      kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

Well, these are the problems which keep us up at night...

Sometimes a reboot solves the problem.

Let us know if it comes back and we can try another tac.

Since it is yahoo, I do recommend using an email client, just to keep your mail in a safer (local) place.
        Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Working...
        X