This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to login to KDE Community Forums

It has been a long time logging into this forum and was refused entry.

First when attempting to login, they responded 'Either your password or username is incorrect'.

I used my normal username 'Shabakthanai'.

Then I tried my email address 'svollom@woh.rr.com'.

Next I tried an alternate password for the one I normally use for login.

Next I tried re-registering.

I was told my email address was already registered.

Following instructions carefully, I tried to connect with the Administrator, but was required to login using my username and password. This is the problem I am trying to solve. When I attempted login, both my address and password boxes had a red mark saying it was incorrect.

I can see how I might have password problems, but having an email address wrong is impossible.

How do I get help from KDE Community Forums - every attempt requires the above attempts, respectively, and the last resort requires the very problem I am having to find help?

Shab

From that forum:
    Login

The login process has changed, please read this before you log in: The KDE Community Forums now uses the KDE Identity service to log you into the forums. Your forum display name can no longer be used to log in, you must use your KDE Identity username and password.

If you do not have a KDE Identity, please click here to register. Make sure to add the email address you used for the forum registration to your Identity account so that the system will automatically merge your accounts.

Please contact forum-admin@kde.org if you have any login or registration issues.
    I registered and logged in. When I attempted to add a NickName of GreyGeek it said that the name was in use, so I stuck with the one the login system generated for me. (I may have create an account using GreyGeek and my gmail account but if so it was long ago and I have forgotten about it.)

EDIT:
    After logging in I searched for GreyGeek among the members list and found that I had joined in Oct of 2008. I also noticed that I had posted only six times to that forum, all in support of the KDE4 framework, which was replacing the KDE3 API. I remember now why I only posted six times. Most of the forum members were negative about KDE4. In browsing the forum awhile ago I noticed that its temper has changed entirely. It does not appear to be the negative place it was eight years ago.. I also noticed that there are KDE developers lurking there as they are lurking here! (Good thing!)

Shab, I also noticed that Snowhog posted a msg for you iin the forums asking admins there to help you out. Help is on the way! (If they are concerned).
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 29, 2016, 01:50 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It is getting more embarrassing every day; I seem to forget so much that I only have vague memory about. I know I burden you guys, but don't know how else to continue. I love computing so much and you guys too. It keeps my mind more active; I don't know what I will do if it gets much worse. In any event, thanks again you most precious peopleShab
      Last edited by Snowhog; Oct 31, 2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X