Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change size of fonts in bottom of Yakuake?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change size of fonts in bottom of Yakuake?

Some day, font size changing will become easier. It always seems the greatest problem in menus or similar entries you have to read to change font size in the configurable areas. The trouble is: For those of us who can't read such small font size, it becomes a nightmare of difficulty to make the necessary changes, because we can not read the menus or other like items that open the areas that describe how to increase font size.

I was recently told how to configure the font size of yakuake, but even after the instruction, the place I was advised to select was such a blur, I could only open it by guessing. When the window opened to allow for my choices, the words were still blurry and basically unreadable.

I suppose there are some young people with the same impediment, but it appears that those most affected are old like I.

I realize we do not represent a large part of the computer users, but people are living longer, and not all of us, who are older, are willing to struggle through this very difficult obstruction to get over.

I really don't understand why. Ubuntu and Kubuntu go to extremes to make available most other potential configuration abilities. But the configuration capability that affects the aged, is pretty much ignored.

The forum is wonderful for those of us who can not see, even after having corrective lenses, and not only the font size in the text areas are increasable, so are the menus. I can not tell you what a pleasure that is.

But if I need to open root dolphin to change permissions, if I did not know what went where by experience, I couldn't tell you what was actually printed. I know it is 'root' not 'steven' because there are either 4 blurry, unreadable letters or 6. I make the appropriate changes and just hope I have not accidentally made a typing error.

I know my continual complaints are a pain-in-the-nickta, but in case the squeaky wheel gets the grease, I will continue to squeak. Shab
Working...
X