Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help installing "ASLA audio driver" for my RME Hammerfall DSP card driver on Kubuntu

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
    Really 'dated', and likely you are aware of it, but....

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/What%20is%20JACK
    Ya, that's what I read to get an idea of JACK.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

The SOP when you encounter that is to reboot, hold the ESC key to call up the grub screen, arrow down to the recovery option and press the Enter key. That will take you to an ASCII menu. You can TAB to the root login screen and press the Enter key again. That will log you into a console (NOT Konsole) from which you can investigate your problem by looking at the logs using .

journalctl | less

or other tools, like dmesg, etc...
      Follow the time line to see what was happening when the system hung.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Hi @GreyGeek,

Look this is where I am now.. I entered in Recovery mode and this is where It got me.. where should I go from here

https://goo.gl/photos/zQn2jqhnd4nQCxXt6

Thanks a bunch, hope to fix this

Comment

Just click the "OK" and it will take off!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Interesting VINNY!
            I read that JACK allows inputting and outputting sound signals from a variety of sources and sinks, and even bringing the output of a second or third layer back into the first layer..

For a standard laptop like the one I am currently running,, with only a stereo sound output jack and a stereo sound input mic, of what value would the JACK software be?
            you answered the question your self ,,,,,but are only thinking about the actual hardware.

if you work in sound you will have all kinds of virtual sound equipment in your box ,,, like samplers , EQ's , phase shifters , sound generators and a LOT more .

JACK will let you input and output to any number of these things and back again or whatever ,,,,

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

mmm... Do you use it, VINNY? If so, how is it working on your box? Compatibility problems with Plasma5 or some of the apps?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                mmm... Do you use it, VINNY? If so, how is it working on your box? Compatibility problems with Plasma5 or some of the apps?
                O no ,,,,I do not get that involved in audio creating ,,,,,,,,,,,,I did toy with it a few years ago wile trying one of the "studio" distros.

the most involved I get is converting from one format/container to another ,,,and ffmpeg dose that just fine ,,,,,or DeVeDe if that is the choice.

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                X