This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get a copy of 'Facedetect'?

Apparently a discontinued Ubuntu application in 2013. Not being able to find it reeks of Government infringements on freedom. If anyone has it, I installed all the required dependencies for it. I would appreciate a download copy if possible. Thanks Shab

All the info you need, plus links to the source, are here.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks my friend. I am probably just an old fool, but I want to leave my computer behind with applications that may help my grandchildren, if what seems to be happening with our government continues.

With the government able to label anything they want as terrorism to bypass the rights of Americans, and the liberal choice of understanding our Constitution, and the continuously diminishing of freedom and rights, I am concerned about the world my grandchildren face. My paranoia may be unnecessary, but I can see no harm to try to protect them in the ways that are still available.

When I read that Ubuntu had been unique in the making of face recognition software, I was not surprised. With current movies making it seem like it is a perfected capability, I want the work to be in my data base. I am inclined to believe that it is perfected and its perfection hidden by our government. I have lost all faith in our government. Everything they release in the way of information, I suspect as a lie. I cannot understand the why of their desires to take our freedom away, I am not smart enough. But, I am smart enough to be concerned. Things just don't seem to be right. There is an elephant in the room. Plus, GOD predicted this kind of government control, which I do believe.

I hope you and yours are healthy, prosperous and extremely happy, my friend.

Thanks!

Shab

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      All the info you need, plus links to the source, are here.

Comment

Your welcome!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Has anyone ever accused you of being cute? And I don't mean in some immoral and perverted way?

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Your welcome!

Comment

My wife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
              Apparently a discontinued Ubuntu application in 2013. Not being able to find it reeks of Government infringements on freedom. If anyone has it, I installed all the required dependencies for it. I would appreciate a download copy if possible. Thanks Shab
              So, what does it do? (Facedetect, not Gov't)
              The next brick house on the left
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

It can identify the name of a person from a photograph. From the descriptions of the Ubuntu version in 2013, it appears to work the same as those shown in films in detective programs. A square isolates the face portion of a person and several points of identification are selected, which like a fingerprint identify the image.

When my interest was stimulated, I just tried to look into the technology to learn more about it. When I did, Ubuntu's application was the only entry for Linux. In fact, I got the idea that the Linux programmers were the ones that were emulated in the films. When they were no longer were available through Ubuntu, it seemed fishy to me.

The government has changed so severely in an anti-GOD manner that I no longer trust our government. Issues of morality and control have changed in ways I disapprove. I do not believe anything they release in the way of information. I hate the fact that people can be incarcerated without a lawyer. I hate that they have changed the freedom to say our beliefs. I hate the immoral direction our country is taking. The laws of man began to support the wishes and opinions of GOD, not the reverse. When HIS laws take secondary position to the laws of a bunch of self-serving congressmen, I reject the man-made law. I don't break it, but I don't follow it either. Those who do, will regret their choice when judged by HIM at the time of their death. I hate governments interference in spiritual matters. The constitution does not guarantee separation of church and state, it rules that government must not interfere in spiritual matters. It is unilateral in direction. Shab

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post

Comment

You're not alone, brother!

Comment

I got curious and decided to see what the program would do. I quickly changed my mind when it wanted to install 100 new programs just to one thing, scan images for faces.
                    sudo apt-get install python python-opencv libopencv-dev
                    [sudo] password for jerry:
                    Reading package lists... Done
                    Building dependency tree
                    Reading state information... Done
                    python is already the newest version (2.7.11-1).
                    The following additional packages will be installed:
                    debhelper dh-strip-nondeterminism gir1.2-gtk-2.0 libatk1.0-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libcairo-script-interpreter2 libcairo2-dev libcv-dev
                    libcvaux-dev libdc1394-22-dev libfile-stripnondeterminism-perl libfontconfig1-dev libfreetype6-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev libglib2.0-bin libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev
                    libharfbuzz-dev libharfbuzz-gobject0 libhighgui-dev libice-dev libilmbase-dev libjasper-dev libmail-sendmail-perl libopencv-calib3d-dev libopencv-contrib-dev
                    libopencv-core-dev libopencv-features2d-dev libopencv-flann-dev libopencv-gpu-dev libopencv-gpu2.4v5 libopencv-highgui-dev libopencv-imgproc-dev libopencv-legacy-dev
                    libopencv-ml-dev libopencv-objdetect-dev libopencv-ocl-dev libopencv-ocl2.4v5 libopencv-photo-dev libopencv-photo2.4v5 libopencv-stitching-dev
                    libopencv-stitching2.4v5 libopencv-superres-dev libopencv-superres2.4v5 libopencv-ts-dev libopencv-ts2.4v5 libopencv-video-dev libopencv-videostab-dev
                    libopencv-videostab2.4v5 libopencv2.4-java libopencv2.4-jni libopenexr-dev libpango1.0-dev libpcre3-dev libpcre32-3 libpcrecpp0v5 libpixman-1-dev
                    libpthread-stubs0-dev libraw1394-dev libraw1394-tools libsm-dev libswresample-dev libswscale-dev libsys-hostname-long-perl libx11-dev libx11-doc libxau-dev
                    libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb1-dev libxcomposite-dev libxcursor-dev libxdamage-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxfixes-dev libxft-dev libxi-dev
                    libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev opencv-data po-debconf python-numpy x11proto-composite-dev x11proto-core-dev x11proto-damage-dev x11proto-fixes-dev
                    x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev x11proto-randr-dev x11proto-render-dev x11proto-xext-dev x11proto-xinerama-dev xorg-sgml-doctools xtrans-dev
                    Suggested packages:
                    dh-make libcairo2-doc libglib2.0-doc libgtk2.0-doc libice-doc libpango1.0-doc libraw1394-doc libsm-doc libxcb-doc libxext-doc libmail-box-perl gfortran python-dev
                    python-nose python-numpy-dbg python-numpy-doc
                    The following NEW packages will be installed:
                    debhelper dh-strip-nondeterminism gir1.2-gtk-2.0 libatk1.0-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libcairo-script-interpreter2 libcairo2-dev libcv-dev
                    libcvaux-dev libdc1394-22-dev libfile-stripnondeterminism-perl libfontconfig1-dev libfreetype6-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev libglib2.0-bin libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev
                    libharfbuzz-dev libharfbuzz-gobject0 libhighgui-dev libice-dev libilmbase-dev libjasper-dev libmail-sendmail-perl libopencv-calib3d-dev libopencv-contrib-dev
                    libopencv-core-dev libopencv-dev libopencv-features2d-dev libopencv-flann-dev libopencv-gpu-dev libopencv-gpu2.4v5 libopencv-highgui-dev libopencv-imgproc-dev
                    libopencv-legacy-dev libopencv-ml-dev libopencv-objdetect-dev libopencv-ocl-dev libopencv-ocl2.4v5 libopencv-photo-dev libopencv-photo2.4v5 libopencv-stitching-dev
                    libopencv-stitching2.4v5 libopencv-superres-dev libopencv-superres2.4v5 libopencv-ts-dev libopencv-ts2.4v5 libopencv-video-dev libopencv-videostab-dev
                    libopencv-videostab2.4v5 libopencv2.4-java libopencv2.4-jni libopenexr-dev libpango1.0-dev libpcre3-dev libpcre32-3 libpcrecpp0v5 libpixman-1-dev
                    libpthread-stubs0-dev libraw1394-dev libraw1394-tools libsm-dev libswresample-dev libswscale-dev libsys-hostname-long-perl libx11-dev libx11-doc libxau-dev
                    libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb1-dev libxcomposite-dev libxcursor-dev libxdamage-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxfixes-dev libxft-dev libxi-dev
                    libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev opencv-data po-debconf python-numpy python-opencv x11proto-composite-dev x11proto-core-dev x11proto-damage-dev
                    x11proto-fixes-dev x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev x11proto-randr-dev x11proto-render-dev x11proto-xext-dev x11proto-xinerama-dev xorg-sgml-doctools xtrans-dev
                    0 upgraded, 100 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                    Need to get 30.8 MB of archives.
                    After this operation, 174 MB of additional disk space will be used.
                    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
                    Abort.
                    This is why snap is such a good idea.

EDIT: I got to looking around for face recognition software that was more recent and Plasma 5 compatible. I found that since version 2.0 DigiKam has supported facial recognition.
                    version 4.1 claims
                    • The face management feature has seen huge improvements and includes fixes for some problems introduced in recent releases.
                    • The detection and recognition of faces is now more robust and suitable for production
                    and the version in the repository is at 4.12.

Here it is in action THREE years ago, so perhaps it has improved even more:

If you think you have the chops for C++ programming (Qt5 API?) then here is a good API for computer vision:
                    http://docs.opencv.org/3.1.0/index.html
                    Last edited by GreyGeek; Sep 17, 2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

O ,,,,Nice

I used to be a big fan of digiKam ,,,,,,,,but haven't had it installed in a few years .

However I must say this Face recognition/finding stuff dose seem to work quite well .

I just installed the latest in Neon and the darn thing found picks I had forgotten I had on this box wile running a "scan for faces" in the "browse people" tab .

99% of my picks are screen shots for forum stuff , and these actual pictures were a few DIR's deep in ~/Pictures (the DIR I gave it for my collection) so it must do it's looking recursively from their .

scanning for faces found them and gave me this

the tagging and and finding matches seams to work as well .

VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Identify a selected person from a photograph.

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post

Comment

Hi Vinny, is there an easy way to find and install the application? I couldn't find it in Muon. Shab

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                          O ,,,,Nice

I used to be a big fan of digiKam ,,,,,,,,but haven't had it installed in a few years .

However I must say this Face recognition/finding stuff dose seem to work quite well .

I just installed the latest in Neon and the darn thing found picks I had forgotten I had on this box wile running a "scan for faces" in the "browse people" tab .

99% of my picks are screen shots for forum stuff , and these actual pictures were a few DIR's deep in ~/Pictures (the DIR I gave it for my collection) so it must do it's looking recursively from their .

scanning for faces found them and gave me this

the tagging and and finding matches seams to work as well .

VINNY

Comment

Thanks for the input Vinny, it is nice to hear your digital voice. I will keep trying, I think I would like it. Shab

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
                            Hi Vinny, is there an easy way to find and install the application? I couldn't find it in Muon. Shab

Comment

Working...
                            X